The Abandoned Baroness Is One of the Black Knight’s Favorites Chapter 16


The lady wants to help the Black Knight 4



In the afternoon, I went with Karina to Gilbert's private room and office to learn how to care for each old tool. However, it was not difficult in itself, and it was a familiar task for Sophia, such as removing soot and adding oil. However, it is said that using magic tools will cause them to deteriorate faster, so the cleaning tools themselves are non-magical tools. Sophia was grateful for this job, but it was no wonder that this job was not popular with the other servants.



 "── Sophia, you are pretty good at this. Also, don't forget to check the list so that you don't have any leftovers. You don't have to manage the ones in the bathroom because there is a girl who takes care of them." (Karina)


 "Ah, yeah. Thank you." (Sophia)


"It's fine. After work, all maids can take a rest except for the one who takes care of Gilbert-sama. There is a maid on duty every week. Most of the things are done by the maid on duty. She does most of the work herself, and since Hans is here, he greets Gilbert-sama and serves him dinner. (Karina)


 Certainly, I think I have hardly seen any maids or servants since Gilbert came home. I think I'm trying to do that. It's a small gesture, but it conveys the desire for the servants to take a rest.


 "When I'm on duty, I finish work later than usual, but since I get a late night meal, I feel a little better. You should try it when you're on duty, it's delicious." (Karina)



 "Yes." (Sophia)



 I felt that I could feel Gilbert's kindness the more I heard about him. When I replied to myself while looking at the sky, Karina put her hand on her waist and stretched her chest. Her gesture of sharpening her lips also looked cute to Sophia. 



"I went off track again!... Well, it's about time to finish, so let's get finish up and go back. I'm hungry." (Karina)



 Sophia nods to Karina who says this brightly. I hurried to finish up, reported to the maid chief in the saloon, and got permission to finish the job. It seems that dinner is received from the kitchen in the preparation room and eaten in the servant hall in the basement. The hours varied depending on the job, and Sophia and the others seemed to be working a little earlier because they were working when Gilbert was away.


"──Are you here Sophia?" (Hans)



 After eating dinner and returning the dishes to the kitchen, Sophia was sitting alone in a chair in a corner of the servant's hall, not knowing what to do. Karina had returned to her room immediately after cleaning up. I was called by Gilbert, but I didn't know when to go. It's been a while since Gilbert's return home contact arrived at the servant's hall. It was Hans who came to call Sophia who was lost in thought.



 "Thank you for your hard work, Mr. Hans." (Sophia)



 Sophia immediately stands up and rushes to Hans. Hans sighed a little when he saw Sophia in her maid uniform.



 "... The uniform suits you" (Hans)



 "Oh, thank you?" (Sophia)



The end of the sentence became a question because Hans looked troubled. Hans immediately smiled at Sophia, who tilted her head.



 "No, please come with me." (Hans)



Following Hans, who turned on his heel, she left the servants' hall and went up the stairs. Hans opened the door to Gilbert's private room before Sophia's mind was ready.



 "Mister Gilbert, I brought Miss Sophia." (Hans)



 "── Welcome back, Mr. Gilbert" (Sophia)



 Gilbert seemed to be looking at the documents on the sofa in the front room, which was also used for guests, but he raised his face to the voices of the two. His expression is almost the same as usual, but I feel that there are slight wrinkles between his eyebrows.



 "Then, I'm sorry. Mr. Gilbert, good night." (Hans)



 Hans left the room. It's already night, and there are only Gilbert and Sophia in the room. Gilbert slowly stood up and walked to Sophia's side. Sophia, staring and stuck, remembers many things she learned today. Gilbert's right wrist in his room doesn't seem to have a platinum bracelet. Sophia's cheeks flushed slightly as Gilbert took her hand.


 "Sophia, how was your day?" (Gilbert)



 The words were a question that had been repeated every night until yesterday. I usually reply with yes, thank you. I was so embarrassed that I would turn my head down and the conversation could not be very extensive.



"──It was my first day at job today. Thank you.... Gilbert-sama, it was you who made the management of old tools my job, right?" (Sophia)



I was sure that he was trying to make sure that I would not be troubled by the lack of magic.


 "No, it doesn't matter" (Gilbert)



 Gilbert always returns unfriendly, but is it because of Sophia's feelings that it sounds happy somewhere? She looked straight into Gilbert's indigo eyes, holding back the urge to turn her head down again. The light in the room is an old tool that Sophia maintained today. The flickering light from the tool seemed to represent Sophia's current state of mind.



"... May I ask you something?" (Sophia)



 "What is it?" (Gilbert)



 "Gilbert-sama, when you talk to me ... why do you hold my hand?" (Sophia)



Sophia's question made Gilbert unusually agitated to the point where he could tell it was so. Maybe I'm upset, my eyes sway. Sophia bravely squeezed Gilbert's hand back. 



"── Did you hear anything?" (Gilbert)



 Sophia regretted asking this question after looking at Gilbert's clearly distracted eyes. But I also knew that I had to ask him this.



 "I'm sorry." (Sophia)


Involuntarily, Gilbert relaxed a little and pulled his hand to guide Sophia to the sofa. She obediently followed Gilbert and he sat next to her. Her cheeks flushed at the sudden closeness, but Sophia was unable to look up.


____________________________________________________________


TL- Sorry for disappearing without saying anything. Please let me know if I have made any mistakes in my translations. Thanks for reading!


Previous


Next




Comments

  1. Ahhhhh! New chapter! Thank you so much! I love this story and I love how you're translating it. Also, don't worry about disappearing! I hope everything is OK and that you're enjoying the holidays. Until next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and for the compliment!

      Delete

Post a Comment