The Abandoned Baroness Is One of the Black Knight’s Favorites Chapter 17



The Lady wants to help the Black Knight 5

 

Their hands are gently clasped together, resting naturally on the seat of the sofa between them. This is the distance between Sophia and Gilbert now.



"I'm sure that you are dumbfounded. I asked you something I shouldn't have....."(Sophia)




"No, it's the kind of knowledge you need if you want to work here. I knew it when I gave you the job."(Gilbert)




 Gilbert's voice sounded somewhat softer than usual, as if he was trying to reassure Sophia. The gentleness hurt Sophia right now. The kindness that she was not accustomed to receiving did not give her room to protect her heart.



"I touch Sophia because it's comforting."(Gilbert)




Sophia looked up when she heard this. It seemed to answer her questions and left her clueless, but it was also unlike Gilbert. She didn't know much yet, but still, every word Gilbert had said so far had been for Sophia.



"That's..."(Sophia)




I was about to continue, when Gilbert's right hand, with its index finger raised, touched my lips for a moment. I wondered if he meant that I should not say anything. Sophia was confused by the sudden touch and her face turned red, but she did not turn her head. She didn't want to run away from the seriousness in Gilbert's eyes just now.




"I can read the fluctuations of magic power, regardless of my will. It was my first time. It was the first time I touched someone and saw nothing.(Gilbert)




Sophia's eyes widened. Gilbert's eyes had a serious expression.




"As annoying as it may be for Sophia, I value the time I get to touch you."(Gilbert)




"Gilbert-sama..."(Sophia)




 Gilbert pulled a small key out of his pocket and handed it to Sophia. The key and the tag with the numbers on it clashed in the palm of her hand and made a small sound.




"It's the key to your room. It's on the third floor, next to the stairs. I've taken your luggage, but if you need anything else, just let me know. There is a large bathroom for the servants on the third floor, but you may use the bath in this room."(Gilbert)




Sophia shook her shoulders in surprise.




"Um, I'll use the public bathrooms too....."(Sophia)




"The showers and dryers in the public bathrooms are magic tools."(Gilbert)




 Sophia's eyes widened. Sophia's eyes widened and she felt her strength drain from her hands. Gilbert noticed this change as he held her hand. The heat from Gilbert's hand comforted Sophia and shook her heart wildly.




"I'm afraid of the kindness of Gilbert-sama."(Sophia)




 As she lowered her eyes, Sophia remembered her parents and Albert's kindness. I've lost my parents and my former fiancé, who has moved away. She was afraid that they would be kind to her and transfer their hearts to her. Gilbert's kindness, Sophia thought, was sweeter than her parents' and gentler than Albert's. It was like a forbidden fruit that she couldn't stop eating, and that scared her.





"Why do you look like you're about to cry? I won't know if you do not tell me."(Gilbert)





 Sophia looked at Gilbert, who lowered his eyebrows in annoyance, and correctly understood the meaning of the words she had heard before. I'm going to have to tell you someday.



"Thank you, Mr. Gilbert."(Sophia)





Sophia forced herself to smile. She was worried whether she was smiling properly. Gilbert took his hand off Sophia with a lonely expression and gently stroked her head.




"You can take a bath first. You can drain the hot water from the tub after you use it."(Gilbert)





The words sounded blunt, but she could feel that they held warmth. Sophia felt sad about the distance between her and Gilbert as she stood up and walked away.






The third floor was used as a living space for the servants and some of the rooms were used as storage. The room Gilbert had told her to go to was just up the stairs. Confirming that the number was the same as the one written on the key, Sophia unlocked the door and opened it. Relying on the light from the hallway to illuminate the room, she touched the table lamp. Right next to it was a box of matches. With familiarity, Sophia struck the matchstick and lit the lamp.




Reassured by the light in the room, she closed the door and locked it.



"This isn't fair..."(Sophia)




 Sophia looked around the room in a daze. The curtains covering the window, the closet, the desk by the window, and the tea table in the center of the room. The bed was not large, but looked soft. The simple furnishings could have been from the servants' quarters. She was surprised by the ample furnishings, but what caught her attention was the light she had just turned on. There was a pretty blue flower motif on the wall, and lamps on the desk and tea table with matching designs. A match was placed on each side. The lamps on the desk and tea table had matching designs. My heart relaxed at the thought of them being prepared just for me.





I walked over to the tea table and stroked its surface with my fingertips. I casually looked at the lamp and saw a white card right next to it. I picked it up and turned it face down. Sophia's cheeks blushed as she read what was written on the card.




'I hope this makes you happy- G.F'





"...... Gilbert-sama."(Sophia)



 I wonder when Gilbert put the card here. The warmth that should have cooled down at one time lit up in my heart. With a single teardrop, Sophia gently pulled the card to her chest with both hands.



____________________________________________________________


TL- Thanks for reading this chapter guys.

I would like to wish you guys a Happy New Year and I hope you guys have an awesome year ahead of you.

If you spot any mistakes in my translations, please do let me know in the comments.



PS- I'm not dropping this novel.









Comments

  1. Thank u for the new ch, really appreciate it that i would bow to u
    Also happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your translation. Interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know it is not dropped, as I am excited for the action points of this novel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment