The Abandoned Baroness Is One of the Black Knight’s Favorites Chapter 15


The lady wants to help the Black Knight 3



 According to Karina, Gilbert is now 25 years old and is a magic knight and vice captain of the Second Platoon of the Guard Knights, who reports directly to the Crown Prince. For Sophia, who has no magical power, the magical knight was a profession far from her. It sounds like a story of a world I don't know, but I think that only magical people can use it delicately to dry their hair.


"The former Marquis and his wife have given up the rank of Marquis and are running the territory in place of Gilbert, who cannot leave the royal capital as a knight. Since there are no siblings, Gilbert has no other family member living here. "(Karina)



 At a young age, Gilbert had become a marquis and finally found out why he lived alone in this large building.



"But why is Gilbert alone?... I wonder if he has a fiancée?"(Sophia)



 Sophia tilts her head. The word "engagement" hurt my heart, but I turned my eyes away from the pain. Karina stared at Sophia with a look of astonishment. Sophia flinched, a little scared by her expression.



"I mean, Sophia, you've been here for over a week and really... you still don't know anything even though you have been staying in Gilbert's room, so I think it's remarkable."(Karina)



 Sophia felt sorry for Karina, who seemed to be having a tough time.



"I'm sorry, Karina."(Sophia)




 "No, Sophia isn't to blame. ── Gilbert is very popular with young ladies. He is a marquis and a knight... but no woman actually tries to get closer. "(Karina)



 "..... ?.."(Sophia)



 Sophia, who doesn't really understand, waits for Karina's next words. Karina looked down badly.



"Even if you're not working here, everyone here knows. Gilbert has strong magical power and reads the fluctuations in the magical power of the person he touches. It seems that he can see anything hidden. Gilbert-sama is a good person. But people are still afraid of being completely seen by others."(Karina)



 Sophia was amazed at Karina's story. Whenever I have a conversation, I remember being touched. I wondered if I was being looked into, but Sophia has no magical power. I remembered the conversation between Gilbert and Matthias when I first met him.



"── Gilbert, did you see anything?(Matthias)




"No, the opposite is true. ──I couldn't see anything. "(Gilbert)



At that time, Gilbert was holding Sophia's wrist. What Matthias saw was probably about Sophia's identity.


 "nothing……?"(Matthias)


 Gilbert did say he couldn't see anything. At that time, he realized that Sophia had no magical power, so he brought her to his room without magic tools and protected her. So why did he always touch Sophia when he spoke? The more I listen, the less I feel I understand Gilbert.



"Sophia, are you okay?"(Karina)



Sophia was brought back to the present by Karina who was gently shaking Sophia's shoulders. I couldn't see Karina sitting next to me, so I turned my eyes down. Sophia looked up and into Karina's eyes.



 "Karina, please tell me. ── Why are there no magic tools in Gilbert's room?"(Sophia)



 Sophia desperately endured her eyes getting moist and asked Karina. Karina sighs a little and releases her hand from Sophia's shoulders, which she still touches.



"Gilbert-sama wears a bracelet on his right hand. His magical power is too strong, and if he removes the bracelet, the magical tool he touches will break. I don't know why, but I don't think he wears it all the time and he takes it off in his room and office."(Karina)



 I could not say anything. I had no idea that there was a reason for Gilbert's actions and belongings. ──No, I wasn't trying to know.



"Old tools are antique furniture and are not magic tools, so everyone hates them because they are troublesome to maintain ──…… Sophia ?!"(Karina)



 Sophia dropped the sandwich she was eating. It makes a rustling noise and falls in the basket she had on her lap. Karina stood up in a hurry, holding Sophia's hands.



 "Ka, Karina... I ──"(Sophia)



 The tears that I should have endured spill over. I didn't want to bother Karina and wanted to stop crying as soon as I could, but the tears didn't stop as if they were overflowing from my heart. I have something to tell Gilbert, but I don't know how to tell it from now on.



 "I'm sorry... Karina. I'm okay, it's okay ──" (Sophia)



She spoke  desperately, but even she could not believe her own words. I don't want to worry about Karina who is doing better, but I can't do what I want.



 "Ah, what's okay? You had something to think about. ── Fine, I won't ask anything, so eat properly now!"(Karina)



 Karina let go of Sophia and forced her to hold the sandwich. Sophia obediently carried the sandwich to her mouth without stopping her tears. I felt that my body warmed up as I ate it, and the warmth spread.



 "Thank you .... I'll eat properly."(Sophia)



 "Yeah, you will not be able to do anything if you do not eat. You have an afternoon job. You just have to finish it and go see Gilbert."(Karina)



 "── Karina, that is..."(Sophia)



 "Oh, you are going to Gilbert's room today, aren't you?"(Karina)



 Sophia looked away, but was certainly told to go to Gilbert's private room once. It seems that he has prepared a room for Sophia who wants to work as a servant, and he will guide her and explain. At that time, Karina will certainly be present in a corner of the room. 



"That's not the case... Thank you, Karina. I'll do my best in the afternoon."(Sophia)


 Karina seemed relieved when Sophia clasped her hand and stopped crying. With little time left, she finished all the food which she previously thought was a lot. Sophia and Karina then returned to the mansion.


_______________________________________________________________


TL- Took my final dose of vaccination and I took a break as well.

Regular releases (once every three days) from now. The next chapter is pretty good.

Also, please let me know if I made any mistakes.


Previous 

Next

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Hi! I am sorry for not releasing any chapters for the past few weeks.
      I got sick, then had exams and I finally can resume translating.

      Delete

Post a Comment