The Abandoned Baroness Is One of the Black Knight’s Favorites Chapter 14


The lady wants to help the Black Knight 2




 "On the first floor, there is a saloon right after the entrance, the left side has a hall and a waiting room, and the right side has the drawing room and the dining room. The kitchen and the preparation rooms are in the back. The hall is rarely used now. There is also a greenhouse, but it's under the jurisdiction of the gardener. " (Karina)


Karina first taught Sophia about the rooms in the Marquis's residence. Sophia follows Karina, taking notes to remember. If you write down the notes that Karina says in fine letters, it will look like a simple sketch. 


"I don't think you will work much on the first floor because it's your job to care for the old tools, but remember it just in case."(Karina)



 "Yes. Where are the old tools...?"(Sophia)



 "They are upstairs, follow me."(Karina)



They returned to the saloon and started climbing the stairs. The corridor on the second floor extended from there to the left and right. All Sophia knows is the second room with the finest door that turns to the left-the private room of the Marquis head Gilbert.



 "There is Gilbert's room, office and living room on the second floor. The other vacant rooms are the guest rooms, and customers can stay in it."(Karina)



 The office was at the end of the hallway past the living room and Gilbert's room. Between them was a door with a profound atmosphere.



 "What's the room in between?"(Sophia)



 "It's the room of the wife of the Marquis. Gilbert isn't married, so it's vacant for now."(Karina)



 It's a room between the office and Gilbert's room. I thought it was a beautiful door, but Sophia was convinced that it was a housekeeper's room. However, Sophia stopped unintentionally because she was really worried about Karina's explanation.


"── Is Gilbert single?"(Sophia)


 Karina also stopped, rounded her eyes and looked back at Sophia. Sophia dyed her cheeks, facing a mixture of surprise and dismay.


"What's up now... Sophia, haven't you been in Gilbert's room all the time ?!"(Karina)



 "Yes, but... I don't know anything about Gilbert-sama other than him being a knight."(Sophia)



 Gilbert, who speaks less,  would just ask Sophia what happened on that day and didn't talk much about himself. Sophia would also get embarrassed when talking to Gilbert, who for some reason always held hands when talking. Sophia remembered the feel of Gilbert's hand. Perhaps it was on her face, Karina's sigh sounded loud in the hallway where there were only two people.


"It was a big fuss when Gilbert brought Sophia back for the first time! Don't you know that-where did you meet him?"(Karina)


 "That is……"(Sophia)


 Sophia froze and turned her eyes down. Karina, who knew nothing, was waiting for an answer with bated breath. At that time, the bell that signaled noon rang.



"Okay, let's talk about it while having lunch."(Karina)


 Sophia was amazed at Karina, who pulled her arms without saying anything. Karina walks fast, and Sophia moves her legs in a hurry. In the preparation room on the first floor, Sophia imitated Karina and received a lunch basket for the servants from the counter in the kitchen. 


"── This. Let's eat in the garden."(Karina)


 "Ah, yes.."(Sophia)


 In the backyard I visited, it seemed that the servants who took a break were eating on the bench. Sophia follows suit and looks for a vacant bench. I chose a place with few people around and sat side by side.


 "Ah, was it late today?"(Karina)


 "It was late...?"(Sophia)


 "At lunch time, servants are allowed to use the backyard if there are no visitors, so it's popular in front of seasonal flowers."(Karina)


 Certainly, as Karina said, when I looked around, the flower beds on the flower beds and the benches on the side of the colored trees were all filled, and the flower beds on the side of Sophia and others were just a space of empty soil, probably because of replanting...


 

"... But are you okay? You can speak about yourself when you feel comfortable."(Karina)



 Karina looks at Sophia with a serious look. I wouldn't normally be able to trust others so quickly, but I wanted to believe it because Sophia was a maid who had been with me since she was brought to the Marquis family. 



"Um, I was picked up in the forest."(Sophia)



 Karina was amazed at Sophia's first words, which she opened her mouth. I couldn't think of any other good way to convey it. Sophia can only smile in a deceptive manner.


"── What do you mean?"(Karina)




 "... I was kicked out of my parents' house and had no place to go. When I slept in the royal forest, Gilberts found me... I was protected by His Highness's order."(Sophia)




 "That's right... When you were first brought in, you looked so shabby, but Gilbert-sama was holding you so importantly, I wondered what happened-I finally understood the reason for overprotection."(Karina)




 The lunch basket contains delicious sandwiches and salads. It was better than the meal given at the Baron's residence. Sophia bit the ham sand, wondering if she could eat it up. 



"So, I didn't really know anything about him..."(Sophia)



 The ham is thickly sliced ​​and very delicious. I felt that the power of the Marquis family was shown by the fact that I was giving this much to the maid's meal. Maybe she knew that Gilbert, who was nearby until yesterday, was a distant existence, but he didn't really know. I was overwhelmed with a feeling similar to the loneliness that suddenly came to my mind.



"Then I'll tell you briefly about him since not knowing will hinder your work."(Karina)




 "Thank you, Karina"(Sophia)



 Karina's smile tells Sophia that she really cares for her. With a shy expression, Karina tapped Sophia's shoulder several times and laughed.


_____________________________________________________________

TL- I know I have been inactive for quite some time and I apologize for it. I was sick and a lot of things were going on. Well, I'm back.


Please let me know if I have made a mistake. Thanks for reading.


Previous


Next

Comments

  1. Thank you for translating! I’m glad you’ve recovered: your health is more important than translating so take it easy.

    One mistake I noticed in the first paragraph: “ There is also a greenhouse, but it's under the maintained by the gardener.” I don’t understand if this means the greenhouse is currently under maintenance or if it means that the greenhouse is under management of the gardener.

    Thanks for your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing it out!
      And thank you very much for your kind words!

      Delete

Post a Comment