The Abandoned Baroness Is One of the Black Knight’s Favorites Chapter 13

 


The lady wants to help the Black Knight 1


"Let me do some work."(Sophia)


For the umpteenth time, Sophia put her argument across to Gilbert.. Today is Gilbert's holiday, and in her room Gilbert and Hans were talking about the arrangement of the house. When I was with Gilbert, I was told that I wouldn't be allowed to work until my injuries had healed, but now that Hans is there, I'm sure I won't be fooled. Sophia interrupted them with courage when the conversation seemed to have settled down. The eyes of the two are now directed at Sophia. Sophia squeezed her skirt with both hands. 


"── Mr. Gilbert, my injury has healed.... It's painful to live here without doing anything. Can I help you?"(Sophia)


 It's been a week since Sophia began to live in Gilbert's room at the Marquis Forster's residence. Her shoes were repaired and her cuts had healed, and Gilbert's room was a place where Sophia was comfortable. She now felt rejuvenated.

 I was told what I wanted to know, but I didn't have much time to talk to Gilbert, who rarely stays at home due to work. However, all the servants of the Marquis were kind to me, and I was convinced that Gilbert was not a bad person.

 But as I thought so, I couldn't help thinking that I was really a burden. I want a reason to stay here. I can't afford to rent Gilbert's bed forever. I wanted to return my bedroom to Gilbert, who must have been tired of working as a knight. And if possible, I wanted to do something for Gilbert who helped me.


 "Sophia, that's ──"(Gilbert)


 "Isn't it alright?"(Hans)


 It was Hans who interrupted Gilbert's expressionless words. Sophia raises her face. Sophia knew that she had a full-blown expression.


 "Give me a reason"(Gilbert)


Gilbert turned his keen eyes on Hans. Hans doesn't care at all, but rather has a screaming tone.


 "Mr. Gilbert, she'll feel uncomfortable as it is. Above all, this house is understaffed now. It's safer to work here than working outside, and that's what Miss Sophia wants."(Hans)


 Gilbert closed his eyes and seemed to be ruminating the story. Sophia watches Gilbert's every move in restlessly. Eventually Gilbert opened his eyes and turned his eyes to Sophia.



 "Yes, that's right. Is that okay for Sophia?"(Gilbert)



 Sophia's eyes gleam and she nods. Gilbert seems to be reluctant, but Sophia was happy to feel that her request had been acknowledged.


"Yes...! Thank you!"(Sophia)


 Having a job means that she could live here. Sophia today has no certainty to stand upright. Gilbert's expression seems to have loosened a little as Sophia naturally mixes her voice with joy. 


"── That's fine. Talk to Hans once you leave the room."(Gilbert)


 Sophia bowed to Gilbert and went down to the back room. In the room alone, Sophia holds her mouth with both hands. It's a small step, but it's a step I decided to take.


                                         *************


 "I'm Sophia, thank you from today."(Sophia)



 The Marquis Forster's residence has a servant's hall in the basement. Two days have passed since then, and Sophia was greeting at the morning assembly. A brand new maid uniform has an indigo brooch around the neck. This is worn by all the servants working in the Marquis family, and I'm glad I'm wearing it too. 


"── Sophia is mainly responsible for cleaning and managing old tools. Remember other things little by little."(Head Maid)


 At the words of the Head Maid, the people attending the morning assembly ── mainly the maids cheered happily. Sophia is tilting her head, not knowing why everyone is happy. The chief maid sighed a little. 


"I know you all are happy, but I don't like that attitude." A string of tension was stretched with a harsh voice, and the hall immediately calmed down.(Head Maid)


 "Then Sophia. First of all, please take over the work from Karina. Karina, guide Sophia around the house and explain the work by the evening."(Head Maid)


 One of the maids in line goes out a little forward and bows. Sophia was familiar with a maid called Karina. She had been with Sophia ever since she came to the Marquis House. 


"I understand, Maid chief"(Karina)


 Karina looks at Sophia and smiles. Sophia shook her shoulders in surprise.


 "── That's all. Thank you for your cooperation today."(Head Maid)


 The voices of the servants echoed, and Sophia hurriedly opened her mouth. "Thank you very much." The Head maid glanced at Sophia and left. Others seem to be heading to their own place, and they are scattered. Meanwhile, only Karina walked up to Sophia's side. 


"I am Karina. Nice to work with you from today, Sophia."(Karina)


 "Thank you, Ms. Karina" (Sophia)


Karina smiled and shook hands with Sophia, who straightened her posture and bowed her head.


 "Karina is fine. I don't need honorifics, so please speak normally."(Karina)


 Sophia felt the tension relieve in Karina's bright and light tone. Karina, who changes her facial expression, seems to be close to Sophia's age, so she feels a little relieved.


 "── Thank you, Karina" (Sophia)


This is the first time I've talked to someone on an equal footing with a friendly expression. Sophia smiled modestly. Karina is shy, her ears are red and her tone is quick. 


"It's good, that's it. I'll explain it right away, do you have a memo? ──It's not as big as a manor house, but it's also large here, so if you don't remember it properly, you'll get lost!"(Karina)


 Karina nodded satisfactorily at Sophia, who took a small notebook and pen out of her apron pocket. Sophia hurriedly walked along with Karina who started walking immediately. 


_______________________________________________________________________

TL- Sorry for the slow releases. Got my learner's license and I've been fiddling around with my dad's bike


Please let me know if I have made any mistakes while translating


Previous


Next

Comments

Post a Comment