The Abandoned Baroness Is One of the Black Knight’s Favorites Chapter 12

 


The lady is picked by the Black knight 12


Sophia slowly opened her eyes to the warmth. She felt as if she was surrounded by soft clouds. The dim light tells her that it's night. She was guided to Gilbert's bedroom and remembered that she hesitated to sleep in the bed. But the view shows that Sophia had been sleeping on the bed until now. As soon as I understood the situation and got up, the flame of a small lamp shook on the round table next to the bed. Gilbert, who had been reading a book, turned to Sophia when the spring squeaks slightly. 


" I'm-I'm sorry I used your bed as I pleased!"(Sophia)


 Sophia saw Gilbert in the room and hurriedly rolled up her futon to get off the bed. 


"No, it doesn't matter because it was I who laid you down on the bed. Or do you like sleeping on the floor?"(Gilbert)


Sophia stopped moving as she heard Gilbert's words. Was it Gilbert who carried Sophia, who was sleeping on the carpet, to the bed? I couldn't decide whether I should be pleased with the kindness or be ashamed to show my sleeping face, so I lowered my eyes a little.


 "No, that's not the case.."(Sophia)


"Really?"(Gilbert)


 Gilbert got up from the sofa and walked towards the bed. Sophia moved her body awkwardly to give up her place. But before he dropped his foot on the carpet, Gilbert, who was close to her, grabbed her right hand on the sheets.


 "That ──"(Sophia)


 Sitting on the bed, Sophia shook her shoulders a little, frightened by the situation of being alone with Gilbert in his private room. Perhaps she had misunderstood Gilbert's intentions. Once he took off his hand of her shoulders, he took of his jacket and hung it on Sophia's shoulder. 


"It will get cold, wear it."(Gilbert)


 "……thank you……?"(Sophia)


Gilbert sat down on the bed again, this time gently laying his hand on Sophia's right hand. Sophia dyes her cheeks as if she were wrapped up. I clenched the sheets with my free left hand. 


"What happened to you in that forest?"(Gilbert)


 Gilbert opened his mouth to inquire. I look away from questions that are too straightforward, but difficult for me to answer. I expected I would be asked these questions sooner or later. I also know that I have to answer them. Still, my mouth was heavy.


 "── If you don't want to say it, you don't have to say it."(Gilbert)


Gilbert said those words as if he was if was disappointed. Sophia gasped as her eyes met Gilbert's. Gilbert's indigo eyes are like the sea of which the bottom cannot be seen in the faint light of the night. I'm about to be sucked in, but I can't turn my eyes away.


 "No... yes. It's so pathetic that it's hard to say to people..."(Sophia)


 "Well, then you don't have to say it now."(Gilbert)


 Sophia exhaled at the words that were kinder than expected. 


"Is that alright."(Sophia)


 "Oh.... I just don't know."(Gilbert)


 I felt that Gilbert's eyes, staring straight at me, shook. Sophia nodded, thinking that it was natural and that he wanted her to talk someday. She hesitated to get off the bed, with her hands still held. Not knowing what to do, Sophia wanders her gaze. Gilbert looked at Sophia silently for a while, but once he squeezed her hand, he changed his expression and opened his mouth as if he had decided.


 "── You should live by my side"(Gilbert)


 Sophia suddenly looks at Gilbert's eyes. His expression there conveyed Gilbert's seriousness to Sophia. Sophia looks down to escape the embarrassment. Their hands came into view and closed their eyes. 


"But... I will just be a baggage."(Sophia)


 Sophia bit her lips with a more dependable voice than she expected. It seems that I can still hear the mocking voices that have been directed at me many times. At the Baron's house, Sophia was an obstacle. When I say the words I'm used to saying, I squeak. Gilbert looked out the window, looking away from Sophia.


"Is that because you have no magical power?"(Gilbert)


 "Why do you do know that..."(Sophia)


 Sophia raised her face. There is no way I could have guessed that at the first meeting. It is not natural to think that there are people without magical power. Inwardly, she becomes more vigilant as to why Gilbert knows. But Gilbert's continued words betrayed Sophia's expectations. 


"There are no magic tools in my room. You can live with peace of mind here."(Gilbert)


 Sophia was told by Gilbert and looker around the room. The lamp used by Gilbert has burning oil. There is a match on the bedside. The room where I was examined during the day also had a fireplace, although it was not being used. I recalled that the bathroom lever could be handled by me. I don't know why, but everything in this room is furnished with antique furnishings familiar to me. Sophia was confused and turned to Gilbert. Frightened by the gently narrowed indigo eyes, she opened her mouth.


"But Sir Knight—"(Sophia)


"Gilbert"(Gilbert)


 Gilbert corrected her way of addressing him. Her mother taught her at an early age that calling someone by their name is about making a connection.


 "Gilbert, Sophia" (Gilbert)


Sophia was amazed at Gilbert's reminders. They rock Sophia's chest violently, as if it was being stabbed with a knife. I couldn't control my tears.


 "Gilbert, I am..."(Sophia)


 "──Isn't it alright? It doesn't matter what His Highness ordered. I want you to live here."(Gilbert)


 Words with a strong will surround Sophia. There seems to be no escape. 


"I won't hurt you, I just want to know about Sophia."(Gilbert)


 With a strong and gentle grip on her hands, Sophia could not resist any further. For the first time, I know that these words are genuine. Sophia bowed, looking down, keeping her eyes on him. 


"... I understand. Thank you for your help."(Sophia)


"Well, thank you for accepting. I hope you spend some time in this room. I will sleep in the next room."(Gilbert)


 Sophia raised her face as she heard a flat but somewhat joyful voice. Gilbert squinted at Sophia, raised his mouth, and smiled. Sophia felt heat gathering on her face. When she whispered inwardly that it was a foul, Gilbert's hands, which should have been holding hand, were stroking Sophia's head to ease her. I tried to open my mouth, but hesitated.

Gilbert stood up, turned off the lamp next to the bed and closed the curtains. 


"Good night, Sophia"(Gilbert)


 "── Good night..."(Sophia)


 As soon as the bedroom door slammed and closed, Sophia covered her head with a duvet and her red face with both hands. My heart was beating fast, but I close my eyes with an inaudible pretense. I wanted to fall asleep soon, but Gilbert's smile flashed across my mind and prevented me from falling asleep.

_____________________________________________________________

TL- Sorry for the inconsistent releases. I'm not dropping this series.

Please correct me if I've made any mistakes or if some part is unclear.

Thanks for reading guys.

______________________________________________________________


Previous


Next

Comments

  1. Aaaaaaaaaaa so cute! Love how her does his best to communicate with her and doesn’t rush her to explain herself. 10/10 male lead.
    Thanks for translating as always! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the translation, I love this series, no problem if you delay a little, just don't leave it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment