The Abandoned Baroness Is One of the Black Knight’s Favorites Chapter 3

 

The daughter is picked up by the black knight 3



Sophia sighs when she realizes that the little magic stone her parents bought for her when she was a child can only be used a few more times. The sky was gradually turning from red to dark blue.


" It's getting dark, so I need to find a place to sleep."


Sophia stood up and continued walking with tired feet. Sophia, who had no money to stay at an inn was prepared to spend the night in the wilderness. Even the naïve Sophia knew that young women's lodgings in crowded places were dangerous.


Sophia decided to head for the woods that stretched from the back of the royal castle to the edge of the commercial district. The forests managed by the royal family seemed to have a barrier to prevent dangerous beasts from coming out unless one were to go deep into the forest. It hurts my conscience to enter the forest without permission, but I can't replace my stomach with my back. When I got out of the path, I walked as if I was a little confused. Even though the trunk was small, it was heavy on Sophia's hand. By the time I managed to reach the forest, it had become completely dark.


"Excuse me...."


Sophia greeted the empty darkness and stepped into the forest. The forest managed by the royal family had no route from the commercial district side. I had no choice but to pass through the grassy trees. The leaves cut my soft skin and one-piece fabric (referring to her clothes) into small pieces.


The owl's screech echoed in silence.


Still, after a while, I arrived at an area with some open space. A small sound of water could also be heard nearby. When I looked for the source of the sound of water with my eyes, that had become accustomed to the darkness , I found a small spring of water flowing from a small gap between the rocks. Sophia put down her trunk and looks closely at her feet. I hosed up the water in my washed hands and licked it a little. It tasted like clear water.

"Delicious"


For Sophia, who had been walking without water or food, was happy with just water. I held the water in my hand and carried it to my mouth. When my thirst had been quenched, the pain that I had forgotten returned. There were a lot of small cuts on my hands and feet, and my heels were bloodstained due to severe shoe rubbing. Sophia took off her shoes and washed her hands and feet with water. The moment she wiped it with a handkerchief in pain, Sophia sat down on the spot.


With this body that can't use magic tools, it is very unlikely to find a job without a guardian. Even if you use a Magic Stone, it was financially impossible her for  to buy one again after it broke.


I thought even the oppressive Baron Lenish family was a blessing for me today. Moreover, Albert was kind and gentle to Sophia every time he met her. Even if it was a fake, even if there was no love there, it was the only salvation for Sophia.



"Why?"


The death of her parents, her uncle's acquisition of the barony, Sophia's expulsion to the corner of the mansion, the replacement of antique furniture with latest magic equipment, her constant beatings, being compared to Bianca, the annulment of her engagement with Albert, and now she had no place she could call home, all seemed to have been pushed into reality. Sophia could not handle all the unreasonable things happening to her. The wound in her heart that she had tried to ignore had accumulated pus. [TL- Weird expression]


 If this forest is empty, I don't mind crying. I curled up my body in the grass and screamed. Tears fell from my eyes. The crying made my body hot, the grass was surprisingly warm, and I didn't feel the autumn cold.


I got tired after crying and fell asleep.


 Sophia raised her swollen eyelids and opened her eyes. The morning sun is stabbing me so painfully. Have I overslept? I feel like I can hear people talking.


"Hey, I'm asking who are you."


Sophia suddenly brought her consciousness back to reality with a low, well-resonating man's voice that came into her ear. I noticed a stranger pointing his sword at my throat.


"Hiii....."


"Answer the question quickly."


When I raised my face, I saw a man wearing a black knight's armor looking at me sternly. His silver hair shone through the morning sun, and his deep indigo eyes gaze at Sophia. It's powerful when you have a beautiful face. The sword was so close to her face that she couldn't even breathe without touching it.


"Hey, Gilbert. Don't point your sword at a lady you are meeting for the first time."


A little further away, I heard a commanding voice. Sophia tried to turn her face in the direction of the voice but was prevented from doing so by the sword.


"But, Your Highness..."


"It's okay. Look, you're scaring me. Put your sword away, Gilbert."


The man who was pointing his sword at Sophia - Gilbert put the sword in his sheath and stared at Sophia with his indigo eyes.  Even without a sword, Gilbert could easily do anything to Sophia.


"So, who are you?"


Sophia opened her mouth slightly to the question she was asked.


"My name is Sophia Lenish. I sincerely apologize for entering the forest without permission."

                                      _______________________________________

*This chapter ended pretty abruptly.


Previous


Next

Comments

Post a Comment