The Abandoned Baroness Is One of the Black Knight’s Favorites Chapter 4



The daughter is picked up by the black knight 4


It wasn't Gilbert, but another man who replied to Sophia, who had introduced herself with a hoarse voice"


"Speaking of Lenish, are you a relative of Baron Lenish?"


Sophia gasped at the man who had been called His Highness by Gilbert. Crown Prince Matthias was the only member of the royal family with golden hair and cool, sky blue eyes. Sophia was flustered and shook her pupils, but Gilbert glanced at Sophia indifferently and snorted with cold eyes.


"Answer quickly".


Sophia shook her shoulders and opened her mouth. It was pathetic that my voice trembled.


"I am... the daughter of the previous baron."


Sophia lowered her head deeply. I wish I had could leave this place soon, but I can't raise my face because I'm scared.


"Oh, I see. So, why is the baroness sleeping here?"


Sophia closed her eyes tightly. I didn't want Matthias or Gilbert to know why I was so miserable.


"I'm sorry... I'll be leaving soon, so please forgive me."


Sophia reached for the shoes she had taken off and placed nearby. I wanted to escape as soon as possible. But Gilbert grabbed her stretched arm and stopped her from grabbing her shoes. Stretching my arm exposed several cuts I had got last night. Sophia raised her face and looked up at Gilbert's eyes with a sense of blame.


"You...."


Gilbert grabbed Sophia's arm in a slightly bent position and widened his eyes. Gilbert's right wrist displays a thin platinum bracelet. Not knowing what had surprised him, Sophia tilted her head.


"Um... Sir Knight?


Gilbert let go of Sophia's hand after hearing her reserved voice. Sophia moved her other hand over the wrist Gilbert had grabbed, out of awkwardness and fear. Gilbert looked seriously at Sophia, who was sitting on the ground, as if observing from the tip of her head to the tip of her feet.


"Gilbert, did you see anything?


It was Matthias who asked Gilbert instead of Sophia. Gilbert shook his head and turned to face Matthias.


"No, the opposite is true. I didn't see anything."


"... nothing?


Matthias'  eyes turned to Sophia, who had no clue why. Sophia was fearful and pushed her feet against the ground, slowly moving back. Gilbert squinted at the wounds he saw on her feet as she moved.


"Even so, Miss Sophia doesn't seem to be an assassin nor a sinner. Have you been running away? You should go home soon."


Sophia's shoulders trembled at Mathias' words. There's nowhere to go, I'm not running away.


"That's right... Thank you for your kindness. I'm sorry."


Sophia now took her shoes and put them on her feet, where the bruises hadn't healed yet. I stood up and used both my hands to bear the weight of the trunk. My whole body hurt with every step I took, but I kept walking even if I didn't want to. Still, a voice comes after Sophia, who bit her back teeth and moved her feet a few steps.


"Miss Sophia, is there really a place for you to go back to?


Sophia's feet stopped unintentionally at Matthias' words. There is no way I can look back.


"You're not running away from home, are you?


Sophia dropped the trunk on the ground. I can see the trunk collapsing with a rustling sound. Matthias laughed loudly at the back of his throat.


"Gilbert doesn't seem to know what happened, but if you're so concerned, I'll give you the order."


"Your Highness, what are you doing?"


Sophia who couldn't look back, but she knew that Matthias was enjoying this. Gilbert's voice contains confusion and anxiety. Sophia squeezed her hands tight.


"In the name of Crown Prince Matthias Reichstein, I command Marquis Gilbert Forster. Protect Miss Sophia at the Marquis family estate and take care of her in case she falls or becomes a slum-dweller."


Sophia widened her eyes. Matthias was trying to help Sophia without knowing what's going on. Besides, according to Matthias, Gilbert is the Marquis. Looking back in haste, Sophia spoke aggressively.


"Please wait, Your Highness, I will just be a burden for the Marquis! Such a... such a joke "


Sophia started coughing a little because she suddenly shouted loudly. When I held my throat down with my hand and looked down at my feet, I noticed that my one-piece fabric was torn in places. Because the white petticoat inside was peeping, the hook tears on the surface were more noticeable. 


"─ ─ Should I put anything in writing, Gilbert?


"... you don't have to"


As Gilbert approached Sophia, who was facing down, he picked up the trunk that was lying at her feet. As she raised her face, Gilbert, with deep wrinkles between his eyebrows, stared at Sophia.


"Come on... hurry up"


Gilbert said to Sophia in a warm voice. Sophia had no choice but to follow him as she had been robbed of her trunk. Matthias glanced at Gilbert and Sophia and raised the edge of his mouth.


Previous

Next

                        _________________________________________________

TL- Please do not hesitate to point out any mistake. 

Comments

  1. No mistake! Only surprise one paragraph has bigger font than the rest haha. But thank you for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it no mistakes my dear friend

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment