The Abandoned Baroness Is One of the Black Knight’s Favorites Chapter 9


The daughter is picked up by the black knight 9

                                           

After leaving the bathroom, Sophia changed her clothes from the trunk to a suitable dress. Her long light brown hair was wet and heavy, and completely draining it took time. I wiped it to the extent that water drops did not fall, and hung a towel on my shoulder. I put the wooden box and magic stone in my pocket and opened the door. In front of the door, there was an indoor shoe with no heel. I wore it, since it was probably prepared for me. A few people were talking in the next room with the door open.

 "Come here." (Gilbert)


Gilbert's voice called Sophia, perhaps he noticed the sound of the door closing. After hesitation, Sophia put her trunk in the corner of the room and headed towards the voice. I could hear a small flapping sound every time I took a step.[た- pitter-patter of footsteps]

 There, Gilbert seemed to be talking to a middle-aged woman in a lab coat sitting opposite to the sofa. There was one maid who Sophia hadn't seen before. As soon as Sophia entered the room, the two stopped talking and all eyes turned towards her.


 "Um... Thank you."(Sophia)


She bowed in a hurry due to the awkwardness of the situation, but Gilbert did not respond. When she regained her posture, Gilbert stood up from the sofa and walked up to her. Looking up at the tall Gilbert, she felt under pressure.


 "── Your hair is wet."(Gilbert)


 Gilbert suddenly touched Sophia's wet hair with his right hand. His long fingers combed her hair. Sophia ears felt ticklish and she suddenly pulled her foot, Gilbert's platinum bracelet glowed faintly in front of Sophia, and Sophia blinked her eyes.


 "…… nh……"(Sophia)


 As soon as Sophia was wrapped in soft warmth, Gilbert let go. The wet hair was already dry. Sophia squeezed the towel she no longer needed and looked up at Gilbert.

 It was the first time Sophia had seen magic. All of Sophia's family had magical powers as a matter of course, but no one of them had the talent to use magic. I think the magic that I learned from a tutor when I was little was more noisy, but can I use it like this?


 "──Wow, it's amazing..."(Sophia)


 Sophia involuntarily raised her voice like a child. Her cheeks were dyed for a different reason. Sophia's eyes are shining brightly. Gilbert was amazed at Sophia's reaction. A woman sitting on the sofa laughs at Gilbert who is frozen.


 "This right here is like a curious little child and an intimidating knight ."(Doctor)


 "You should get your injuries checked up first ."(Gilbert)


 Gilbert turns to the woman and replies in short words. Sophia became embarrassed when she noticed her own childlike behavior. When I grabbed the skirt and looked down, I heard the voice of a woman who couldn't hide her amusement.


 "Miss, I have been entrusted with your medical examination by His Highness. Will you come here and show me your injuries?"(Doctor)


 "N-No need. It's just a scratch."(Sophia)


 Did Matthias bother to send a doctor for Sophia? Unfamiliar with being treated politely, Sophia looked at Gilbert to ask for help.


 "You should get you injuries checked. My magic can't heal your injuries."(Gilbert)


 Sophia to nods reluctantly, swallowing the desire to say that the problem is not there. Gilbert sighed with peace of mind.




 After the examination, Sophia's limbs were covered with ointment and gauze that was applied here and there. Sophia nods on the sofa she was sitting on for a medical examination after being instructed to replace it once a day. Gilbert's eyes on Sophia seemed to be full of pain, and Sophia wondered why he looked like that.


 "A meal has been prepared for you. I'm going back to work, so rest in this room."(Gilbert)


 Gilbert leaves the room with the doctor. Hans followed them, leaving only Sophia and the maid in the room.


 Eventually, what was brought in was a soup in which small pieces of bread were soaked. The appetizing smell reminds me that I haven't eaten since yesterday. I was wondering if it would be okay to be accept Gilbert's kindness, but I couldn't resist my hunger. I scooped the soup up with a spoon and brought it to my mouth. The gentle and soft taste spread in my mouth. I felt that the warmth I felt from the inside gradually eased my tense body and mind. 


"If you're done, I'll take the plates away."(Maid)


 When I finished eating and took a breath, I was approached by the maid who was waiting. Sophia bows her head. The maid who met her eyes smiled.


 "── Thank you."(Sophia)


 "I'm told to take a rest when I'm done with my meal."(Sophia)


Sophia stood up and walked with the maid who was trying to guide Sophia with natural gestures. I couldn't think of anything but my filled stomach and the warmth. I felt fluffy. After taking a rest, I decided to regain my mind and accept Gilbert's kindness. 


"Please take a rest."(Maid)


 Behind Sophia, the door slammed and closed. The sound quickly helped Sophia regain her mind, and Sophia was confused by the sight in front of her. It was the place where Sophia left the trunk-next to the bathroom, Gilbert's bedroom. 

_______________________________________________________________

TL- Two down, two to go
Finally, we have magic that can't heal injuries. 
Please correct me if I have made any mistakes. 



Comments

Post a Comment