The Abandoned Baroness Is One of the Black Knight’s Favorites Chapter 1




 The daughter is picked up by the black knight 1



"Let me put it simply. I am in love with Miss Bianca. Therefore, I am going to break off my engagement to Miss Sofia. You see, that's not a bad thing for the Baron."


A handsome man - Countess Franz's heir Albert, who until now was Sophia's fiancé, said with a refreshing smile that he didn't seem to do anything wrong. The well-built man and the thin-faced woman sitting across from him, Baron Lenish, and the Baroness were so overjoyed that he couldn't help but have a big smile on his face.


"It would be a great honor if our daughter were to commit to Mr. Albert."


"Oh. Thank you very much for your kind words. I will be happy to accept it. Well, as a parent, I am very happy for you."


"Then let me break the old engagement pledge. My parents agree, so you don't have to worry about that. Please sign the new pledge."


"Yes, yes, right away" said the Baron, rising from his seat, and sending a servant to collect Albert and Sophia's engagement pledge. He sent another servant to call Bianca. The baroness, smiling and amiable, spoke to Albert about Bianca, her proud daughter. Albert listened with great interest to Bianca's stories and occasionally gave her a counterpart.


Sensing that the maid was about to leave the room, Sophia released her ear that had been pressed against the door and quickly walked away from the maid. Scolding her shaking legs, Sophia ran to her own room, the smallest one on the second floor of the baron's mansion. The moment she closed the door, her legs relaxed and she sat on the spot. I could feel my hands and feet shaking. I could hear the sound of my own feet collapsing.

The reason why Sofia was not expelled from this house despite the fact that she was treated unfairly is because of her position as "fiancée of Countess Franz's heir." Sofia herself knew better what would happen once that was gone.


The sound of light footsteps could be heard with a flurry of footsteps. It was probably Sofia's cousin, Bianca, who had a reputation for being beautiful. She seemed to be encouraged by the happy story of engagement that had fallen.

A tear ran down Sophia's cheek.


"Father, mother. Is it true that Albert-sama was here?"


With a loud bang, Bianca's voice can be heard.


"Oh my sweet Bianca. As promised, I am here to ask you to marry me."


"I'm very happy,  Albert. Now we can be together forever!"


Their happy voices echoed through Baron Lenish's not-so-large residence, leaving the door open. Where did the two meet? There is no need to think about it, there are many places where they could meet. She is not like Sophia, who has been living to avoid leaving this house for even a little bit.



Sofia got engaged to Albert when she was ten years old. When Sophia's parents were still alive, she decided to marry a man of a different family status as a thank you for helping Albert's grandfather, who was the father of the Countess of Franz at the time. Sophia's parents had died in a carriage accident, falling off a cliff, and Albert's grandfather had died of old age. If Albert had found someone he liked, and if it was Sofia's daughter Bianca, who was the same age as Baron Lenish's Sofia, he would have no problem with her externally. All you have to do is pretend that you were engaged to Bianca from the beginning. Moreover, unlike Bianca, Sophia hadn't even made her social debut.


How long would it have been? Sophia quickly regained consciousness when a lively voice could be heard from the hallway . It's the sound of Albert returning home.

"Be firm, Sophia."



Sophia muttered to herself.


I didn't have much time. I hurriedly sneaked under a simple bed, took out the wooden casket I put in it and shoved it into the pocket of my wide-hemmed skirt. I took a small trunk out of the closet and opened it, stuffing a few simple changes of clothes into it. I had little money, but I still put it in the trunk with me. With a bit of difficulty, I also put up one of my favorite books that cheers me up when I read it. Sophia squeezed the mouth of the trunk, Sophia squeezed the mouth of the trunk



Sophia threw the trunk through her bedroom window and threw it over the grass in a poorly maintained garden. 
There was a rattling noise, and the trunk was buried in the grass and disappeared.



Sophia quickly closes the window when she hears the sound made by the hooves of a running horse. She closed the closet, trying to erase any trace of her. She scratched a match and lit the desk lamp. The door to the room opened almost at the same time as when she was putting a small magic stone in the bottom drawer. 





-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* TL- Jisho really makes the job easy.
Reminds me of Harry trying to escape in Chamber of Secrets.

Comments

  1. Thanks for picking this novel up again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I'm probably going to see this novel through to the end.

      Delete

Post a Comment